Sforzato di Valtellina 2012 – Le Strie
Sforzato de Le Strie is a robust, textural wine from the Valtellina area, made from Nebbiolo grapes naturally dried in fruttaio. Intense sensations of jammy fruit and fruit in spirit are followed by toasted, floral and spicy flavors. The taste is intense and consistent, warm and austere, with great envelopment and persistence.
Sforzato di Valtellina from the Le Strie winery is the main label-relative to this type-offered by Azienda Agricola Le Strie. This is a complex, dense and articulate red, yet at the same time it is extremely drinkable and flowing. One sip pulls the other, because of its wonderful blend of fruit, juice, aromatic facets and texture; in a word: charm.
Le Strie Sforzato di Valtellina comes from vineyards located in two different areas: 20% of the Nebbiolo Chiavennasca grapes used belong to the Sassella subzone, while the remaining 80% come from the Valgella subzone, located near Sondrio and Teglio, respectively.
Sforzato di Valtellina wine presents deep, dense, amaranth hues in the glass. Its bouquet is broad, complex and intense, articulated in notes of ripe and jammy red fruit, fruit under spirits and a rich spicy texture with distinct sensations of licorice on the finish. In the mouth it combines very sweet tannin with lively mineral freshness and good alcohol supply. An atypical Sfursat because softness and wrap-around are not the predominant characteristics, a deliberate choice by Le Strie to make the most of the freshness, thus making the drinking experience smoother. It is therefore a warm and full-bodied wine that can engage with a strong and lively personality.
Sforzato di Valtellina DOCG